This document only applies to personally identifiable information collected about you and does not apply to any aggregated or otherwise derived information that does not identify you and is not personal information.
Information Collection and Usage
We collect and use information about you to keep in touch with you about our products, promotions and services. We also use this information to improve your shopping experience with us. Here are the types of information we collect about you, how we acquire the information, and how we use it.
- When registering with us on our website, you provide us with your email address as well as your preference for whether or not to receive our offers and promotions via email. This information is used to communicate with you based on your preferences.
- When placing an order, you provide us with your name, address and telephone number. We use this information to personalize our communications with you and to fulfil your order. We also retain this information so you do not need fill it out again when placing another order..
- When placing an order, you may also need to provide us with your payment information. This information is used for the fulfilment of your order, customer service and warranty purposes..
- After registering, you may also provide us with your information under ‘My Profile' by navigating to ‘My Account' and selecting ‘Update Your Profile'. This information will be used to automatically fill out your personal information when placing an order and will be used to personalize our communications with you..
- When contacting customer service, we may ask you for your name, address and other such information so we can respond to your questions and concerns. We may retain this information to better assist you and personalize your experience with us the next time you contact us..
- We use session cookies to track visitor statistics for our website. These cookies are not linked to your personal information and are not used to identify you. We use the data to analyse usage and improve our website to provide you a better experience. You have the option of disabling cookies in your web browser..
- As you browse flatohome.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, Wall2Wall Media, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with flatohome.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number..
- We may collect your information in person from you at any events we participate in. This information may be used to communicate with you regarding our service. As with the personal information collected from you via other means, you will still have the option to contact us regarding your communication preferences and updating or removing your information that we have retained..
Privacy Preference and Information Review
Except for the information needed in cases for the fulfilment of an order, a return, or a customer service request, you have the option to not provide us with your information. This document details how any information you provide us will be used. In certain cases, we will seek your consent in order for us to use the information you provide, but there may be cases where consent will be implied (such as when processing an order).
You have the option to request for review the personal information we have collected from you. You also have the option to request changes to your information as well as informing us as to how we may or may not use this information, except for cases where such information is needed for order fulfilment or other transactions. Subject to legal and contractual restrictions as well as requirements related for any transaction, you may also revoke your consent to our use of your information or request for it to be removed entirely. Certain information cannot be removed upon request as per the requirements for warranty, billing or audit purposes.
If you are a registered user, you have the option to view and update your personal information under ‘My Profile' by navigating to ‘My Account' and selecting ‘Update Your Profile'. Your ‘My Profile' page will also allow you to subscribe or unsubscribe from receiving emails from us regarding promotions, offers and other news. Any changes you make under ‘My Profile' will take effect immediately. To allow us to serve you to the best of our ability, please ensure any information you provide us is accurate and up-to-date. For non-registered users or for anything else, you may get in touch with us using our contact information provided under ‘Contact Us' on our website.
The information we collect stays with us for as long as it serves the purposes described in this document. We try to retain your information as long as feasible so that we have your complete transaction history and can better assist you should you need any customer support at any point. This information may however be modified or deleted upon your request, subject to the conditions stated earlier.
At FLATO HOME we value your privacy and will not disclose, share or sell your information to any third parties for their marketing purposes. This information may be shared within the Flato corporate family. This information may also be shared with service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers however will not be authorized to use or disclose the information except for the service they provide on our behalf or as required by the law. We may also disclose your information to comply with any legal requirements.
In the event that FLATO HOME sells all or a portion of its business, we may need to transfer any information we have retained about you. In the event of a transfer, we will give you the opportunity to let us know if you would prefer not to have your information transferred.
Your privacy is important to us and to ensure the safety of your information we have physical, technical and administrative measures in place to safeguard against unauthorized access to your information.
DATED: June 10, 2014